French is spoken not solely in France but in addition in Africa, Canada, the Seychelles amongst others and it could actually take you to all 4 corners of the world. Greater than 250 million individuals converse French and it is likely one of the most generally realized overseas languages. Wealthy in tradition and the humanities the French talking areas have an attract and a ‘je ne sais quoi’ that has been replicated by no different tradition. Whether or not its vogue or wine, cinema or meals, French stylish is aspired to all through the world.
Taking a look at our checklist of helpful phrases in French supplied by Cactus Language is the right place to begin to organize your journey!
- Hello/Hi there = Salut (casual – use solely with individuals )
- Good morning/afternoon = Bonjour
- It’s a pleasure to fulfill you = C’est un plaisir de vous rencontrer
- Are you aware an excellent patisserie round right here? = Est-ce que vous connaissez une bonne pâtisserie tout près d’ici?
- Do you want macaroons? = Aimez-vous les macarons?
- Sure = Oui [Wee]
- No = Non [Nohn]
- I like your accent = J’aime bien votre accent
- Thanks = Merci
- Might I’ve a glass of pink wine to go together with that? = Pourrais-je avoir un verre de vin rouge pour accompagner ça?
- Please = S’il vous plaît
- The place is the closest bathroom please? = Où sont les toilettes les plus proches?
- The place can I rent a bicycle close to right here? = Où puis-je louer un vélo près d’ici?
- Is it secure to swim at this seaside? = Est-ce que on peut se baigner sans hazard à cette plage?
- Are you aware a park the place we will have a picnic? = Est-ce que vous connaissez un parc où on peut piqueniquer?
- You may by no means eat an excessive amount of camembert! = On ne mange jamais trop de camembert!
- I’m having a good time! = Je m’amuse beaucoup!
- I like French cinema = J’aime le cinéma français.
- Are you able to give me instructions to the closest chateau? = Pourriez-vous m’indiquer le chemin pour le château le plus proche?
- OK = D’accord (I agree) / Ça va (I’m high-quality)
- Goodbye = Au revoir
- Excuse me = Pardon
- Good evening = Bonne nuit
- See you quickly = A bientôt
Bonus Phrase: What’s new? = Quoi de neuf?
High Tip: The French are formal till you get to know them nicely. You’ll want to tackle everybody formally – i.e. Madame, Monsieur and vous (you).
High Tip: French individuals have a love affair with their regional wines! Allow them to counsel a high-quality native wine, add some native bread and cheese on the facet and embrace the ‘joie de vivre’ which you’ve got been day-dreaming about.
Helpful Phrases in German
Helpful Phrases in Spanish
Helpful Phrases in Italian